Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Time flies when you're changing diapers

This is my last full week of maternity leave. It seems like I've been out for so long. Next week DJ starts spending three days at a daycare center. I’ll miss him, of course, but I'm okay with him going. Daycare teaches children many valuable lessons, and he’ll meet play mates of a similar age.

We visited the center Monday to pick up some forms, and one of his teachers immediately snapped him up. She played with him and introduced him to the other babies while the head teacher and I talked. He only cried when he came back to me, which seems like a good sign.

The idea of returning to work isn’t scary, but the logistics are worrisome. I’m trying to freeze enough milk for him without knowing how much he eats each day. I can only guess, judging by his pediatrician visit today, that it’s quite a bit. He’s in the 90th percentile for height, and the 75th for weight and plans to report to the Giants’ training camp soon.

Tim and I are also trying to work out how we’re going to drop him off, pick him up and have our respective commutes (bus and train) all with just one car. It will probably take the better part of a month before we figure that routine out.

No comments: