Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's been awhile

I have a new job, and that is...looking for a new job. Yes, I landed on the wrong side of This Economy and here we are. With this extra time, I thought it was a good time to resurrect my blog. It keeps me writing and helps my various online profiles. I hoped to change the blog’s name, but can’t think of a new one.

It’s amazing how different this job search is as opposed to the last one, which took place a scant two summers ago. This time I’ve got a Netvibes page collecting RSS feeds from job sites. I’m following job listings on Twitter and finding good leads. LinkedIn has also been a great place, as it instantly answers the question of, “do I know anyone there that can help me get that job?”

The job search is in the early days, and I’m still focusing on the positives this “sabbatical” allows: more time with DJ, more time to take care of some things around the house; the opportunity to take small trips; more time to myself. It also gives me the opportunity to contemplate a tough question: is it time to change careers? So far, the answer changes by the hour.

No comments: